Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Year Gone By...

I still find it hard to belive that yesterday was the last day of 9th standard. It seems as if school started just a few days before... but now, saying goodbye to that little room called 9B seems hard. In some ways, I'm still that immature girl I used to be in 8th, but ninth standard changed me a lot. It forced me to grow up a bit, to realize that life isn't always picture-perfect, that life isn't as simple as a fairytale... and that sometimes you've got to fight for yourself, sometimes you have to sacrifice a few things even if they mean a lot to you.

Ninth standard was also one of the most memorable years in my life. Ninth was the year during which I got the best friend I could ever ask for, it was the year during which I got to experience the best victories ever...
But it was a year of many downsides as well: Sonima chechi, a tenth standard student of my school, died in a horrible accident... two of my favourite teachers - Miss Leena and Miss Sumitra left the school... and I realized that people are not what they seem to be. Several horrible truths came up about people whom I thought were simple and innocent...

Ninth standard taught me to live, to dream, to hope... and as I go on to the last year of my school, I'll treasure all these memories. But there's a barrier on my way to the tenth standard: EXAMS! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment