Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Enthusiasm

Okay, I cheated.

On Friday, a splitting headache ensured that I couldn't stare at my computer for longer than a few minutes without my eyes watering. Obviously, no 'E' post. I got better by the next day, but no, fate conspired against me and I had to attend a wedding - which involved 8-9 hours of travelling - which also meant no post on 'F.'

I was depressed.

I was looking forward to not breaking the flow, to keep writing, to blog-hopping everyday. I hoped I could get through the end without missing out on a single post.

I couldn't.

Anyone who's read my last post on diaries will know that I have issues with losing continuity. I hate getting off-track and then having to get on-track again. It feels... incomplete. And on the way back home, I decided to abandon the A-Z Challenge for the same reason.

Until I opened my inbox and got the shock of my life. It was flooded with comments on the previous post; people sharing their thoughts, their experiences with keeping a diary. I'd never received so much comments on a post before and my eyes nearly jumped out of their sockets. I was well and truly overwhelmed.

My writing has been for one sole purpose - process the ideas churning in my head into something - a  poem, a short story and sometimes, an essay. I don't write for an audience. Maybe that's why I get thrilled when there's even one comment, however tiny and cryptic it maybe. It brings a smile to my face that someone found the time to read and appreciate my post.

Reading the many responses, my energy levels were back in an instant. I'm appalled that I even thought of giving up when netizens of the blogosphere were soldiering on, finding topics for each letter, coming up with so many creative ideas. If they could do it, then why couldn't I?

And for this, I'd like to thank everyone who's been to this blog in the past few days and tolerated my insanity. Thank you for reading. Thank you for commenting. Thank you for spreading the joy of sharing and appreciation through the A-Z Challenge.

And above all, thank you for replenishing my enthusiasm and teaching me to never give up.



Yes, I posted on a Sunday. Sue me.
#AtoZChallenge2013

10 comments:

  1. That's about it...the joy of writing!! Keep it coming, its always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very encouraging post. Glad you're sticking with it.


    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are back to work! Great post! Enthusiasm! Perfect E!
    Connie
    A to Z buddy
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie! I'm happy you think it's the perfect E post.

      Delete
  4. Never lose your enthusiasm! That's what makes life fun. :)

    From A to Z, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you are still writing! So you get behind a day or two, I usually do on my challenges, but i just catch up when I get the chance. We have lives and sometimes there is just no time for your blog. Some people get weeks ahead, I just don't write that way.

    I am a fellow A-Z blogger.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to more posts. I got off track too but my posts were on schedule. I just got behind on visiting everyone. Good luck for the rest of A-Z.

    Sania at Embracing Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am starting to get behind too - it is part of the fun of the challenge, feeling a little stressed. I meant to visit a bunch of folks this weekend and just lost time! Life happens! :) Great E post

    ReplyDelete