When you really want something to happen, the whole world conspires to help you achieve it.
- The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho.
I would have been crazy to think that this would actually come true. Here I was, thinking up ideas for an 'L' post and not being able to develop them, getting desperate as Saturday loomed nearer. Then I find out that the awesome Sania Heba at Embracing Dawn nominated me for a Liebster award (the first one for this blog!!!) Thank you, not just for choosing me but also for your impeccable timing!
Liebster is German for dearest/nicest, and the award is given for upcoming bloggers - those with less than 200 followers. A nominee has to post 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions the tagger has set for them, then choose a few blogs to pass on the award and set 11 questions for them as well.
Here goes, 11 random facts:
1. I'm currently wondering what's up with all the elevens associated with this award.
2. My collection of books has outgrown my bookshelf.
3. Before I knew that the announcements at the railway stations were pre-recorded, my dream was to be a railway announcer. I still know the format of the announcements and recite them along with the announcer whenever I'm waiting at the railway station. It annoys my mom.
4. I don't like Nutella.
5. I feel sorry for the current generation of toddlers for missing out on Teletubbies. The cartoons these days... *sigh* Doraemon is horrible.
6. I am forever indebted to Tumblr for introducing me to Sherlock, Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.
7. Although I loathe Twilight, I refuse to dislike Christina Perri's A Thousand Years just because it is associated with the movie franchise. The song is beautiful.
8. The thing I'm most proud of: getting a few of my classmates into reading.
9. Desserts trump the main course. Every single time.
10. A book-to-movie adaptation that I'm looking forward to: Divergent, movie to be out in 2014. If they miss it up, I'm going to be depressed. The soon-to-be-completed trilogy is one of my favourites and it deserves more attention than it's receiving.
11. I'm absolutely hopeless when it comes to my hair. I know how to do ponytails, but I have to depend on my little sister for braiding. It's mortifying, and also gives her great blackmail material.
Answering Sania's questions:
1. What's the first word that comes to your mind when you say 'pen'?
A: Riptide, Percy Jackson's pen-cum-sword.
2. What's your worst fear?
A: That I'll die alone, I guess. Also being attacked by an army of spiders.
3. If you had one wish, what would it be?
A: I'd ask for more wishes :)
4. Think fast. Forest or waterfall?
5. Can you explain the concept of concepts?
A: Um... all I can say is that without abstract concepts, how would you have concrete plans?
6. How good are you at keeping a secret? (don't worry, I ain't telling you any)
A: Pretty good!
7. Who is your favourite author?
A: I'd rather kill myself than choose one person from my list of favourite authors. I love all of them equally.
8. Black or white?
9. Do you believe in déjà vu?
A: Yes, definitely.
10. What's your fav letter?
A: Z, because my name starts with it.
11. Are you tired of all these questions?
A: To be honest, yes. But I enjoyed doing this.
Now, my nominees:
Malavika at Words on Wings
Julia Chiang, A Dose of Jules
Nazreen at Penguin Peeks
1. What's your greatest pet peeve?
2. If you're told that you have only three more days of sight, what would you do?
3. Chocolate or vanilla ice-cream?
4. Do you have a favourite word? If yes, then what's it?
5. Best animated movie you've ever seen?
6. What's more irritating: not having a book to read or not having access to the internet?
7. A fear that you overcame?
8. Would you rather be a) envied, b) respected, c)trusted or d) feared?
9. A public figure who's inspired you the most?
10. If you could be a fictional character for a day, who would you choose?
11. Which song never fails to cheer you up?